Omar Effendi is an Egyptian chain of government stores founded in 1856 in Cairo by the Austro-Oudzdi family of Austrian origin under the name “Orosdi Back” in its place which is still located in Abdel Aziz Street in Cairo to meet the needs of Egyptian and foreign clients.
President Omar Effendi
- In 1967, the company was established according to the Presidential Decree No.544 of year 1967
- In 2006, the company has been privatized and 90% of which had been purchased by Anwal United Trading Company Limited of Saudi Arabi.
- In 2011, the Court issued its judgment, case no 11492 year 65 on 7/5/2011, and the company was handed back to the State.
- Increase the contract period to 7 years instead of 3 years for rent or partnership.
- The rental value, or the partnership return are determined according to the General authority of government services.